An Update

When I originally envisioned this blog it would kinda be a diary that would coincide with the making of this film.  However, due to many factors this ended up not being the case.  So, here's what this blog will turn into: basically I'll post anything I think of whenever I want and hopefully it'll be interesting.

The path of this project didn't really go the way I thought it was going to.  Around the beginning of 2019 I came to the realization that I had no chance in finishing this film in under a decade.  I had been too ambitious, bitten off way more than I could chew, and so I dejectedly shelved the entire thing.  However, my professional career had a tumultuous first half of the year, which involved me leaving one studio for another, only for that studio to get iced due to a certain large studio acquisition, leaving me unemployed for what would be about a month.  In that time I figured why not dust off this project and just turn it into a tech demo for my reel.  I reduced the scope considerably, focused on a chunk of action in the middle, and started setting up the scene specifically for that, but with enough room that I could expand the project should I see fit.  In that month I made the main environment, finished the second character, set up the scene in unreal, and animated about half of it.  I then secured full time employment, so my work slowed down quite a bit.  It is now the end of September and I am only just now nearing the final stages of completion for this vertical slice.  Strangely enough, this whole endeavor made me realize that focusing on and releasing roughly 1 minute chunks is the best way to go about this, which I wouldn't have considered beforehand.  I am now knee deep in sound and music, and it may be a few more weeks still, but I can't wait to finally show what is Forlorn Part 2, of a possible 3 or 4 parts.

I'd like to mark every post I do with an image, either a screenshot or some concept art, so here's an image of the main character's helmet: