Aggressive Expansion

So I've been doing my fair share of travelling these last few weeks, and while on said travels I've been thinking a lot about the project.  A quick recap of what's happened first.  This time last year Forlorn was a considerably bigger endeavor, with a half dozen characters and multiple sets.  Seeing the task laid out ahead of me, I realized it would be too much and shelved it for a few months.  But after getting some things in order I decided to take what I had made, put together a couple more things, and make a quick showcase of the idea that, while not the full version, represented the tone I wanted to go for, and it would just be something nice for my reel.  By the end of that minute long short, I decided I didn't want to stop there anymore, and ramped the short back up.  The scale, however, would still be truncated.  But as I began to work on what was Episode I, a concern washed over me.  My original story was solid, full of set ups and pay offs and had a larger sandbox to play in, both literally and figuratively.  It represented the true vision of Forlorn, and having just a short scene with two characters wouldn't fulfill my original idea, and once completed I would forever be saying, "You shoulda seen what I wanted to do."

Well, here we were about a week ago, and I thought to myself, "Wait a second, Alex.  You don't have any deadlines or anything stopping you from doing the full thing.  You know a lot more than you did when you started, you can make the story you want to make."  And so, I decided I will.  Forlorn is going back to the full scale project it once was.  It's going to be big and weird and everything I can make it.  So, this has some minor effects on production, as it were.  The current piece that is out is no longer "Episode II", but instead a pilot for the project.  The short will still be released in pieces, but Episode I will take longer than originally planned, because I have a whole lot I need to do now.  But I need to start at the beginning this time.  As for what I already did, I'm going to have to redo a lot of that animation to fit into this new version, which is a bummer, but it will be better in the end.  The biggest thing for me now is I have to reformat a lot of files since the scenes are being shuffled, I have to make sure all of my old storyboard match my new ones, and I have to make some changes to the unreal file.  I was hoping to try out 4.24, so this might be the perfect time to do so.  Hopefully I'll have a lot of exciting things to share in the coming weeks.  In the mean time, here's a sneak peek at the first environment of the short.