It's What's Inside That Counts

September 15th, 2018



Now that the exterior environment is all roughed in, it's time to work on the interior.  The cathedral has three main rooms - an entrance, a great hall, and a throne room.  The entrance and throne room haven't changed much in my head since their inception, but the main hall has a bit.  After completing a draft of the script, I decided to give it a bit more verticality.  I also did some work to the exterior of the cathedral to make sure everything fits together in a sensible way.  I'm not keen on making some magical space where room sizes don't make sense.  The rooms right now are just some gray cubes in maya, with pillars and doors and stuff to block in how it feels structurally.  I also did a small amount of detailing to the exterior, with buttresses and the like, just to see how they'd fit.  So far everything connects.  My plan now is to shift to characters, but the first room I'll actually create is the entrance room.  It's fairly simple, essentially an open cube, which will be a nice introduction for me.