The World According to Me

August 25th, 2018



Today I'm working on the environmental layout for the film.  The environment is one large connected piece, consisting of a bridge/ stairway, a cathedral type building, and the surrounding city streets.  There's also a big tree in the background.  Attached is my terrible drawing just to get something to  paper.  I can't recall how my ideas for the city came about, it seems like I've always had them.  The city is shaped like a ring, with a lot of high walls and honeycombed streets, and a bit sunken areas in the middle.  In Maya I made a big circle and lined it with big cubes in city grids.  In the center I put in a roughly shaped castle/ cathedral.  I have on my a large number of royalty free buildings which I plan on kit bashing and retexturing to fit my aesthetic, but I place some of those in there as well to fit the scene.  I'm also building the scene to scale, which makes it a little tricky to work with because it's so huge.  Having everything in 3D space making visualizing angles and shots far easier, as I can get a sense of what will work and what will not.  The interiors I'll have to make at another time, however.