Face It

Facial rigging continues mostly smoothly.  I've had to a lot of facial rigging for professional jobs in the past, and it's never been one of my favorite things, mostly due to the complexity of facial shapes and linking them together.  I finished the first round of blend shapes for Kaelis and created a control panel to run them.  It's not much to look at, but the best part of working on a project alone is nothing has to make sense to anyone but yourself.  I ran through hours of testing and tweaking to ensure that all of the shapes work in conjunction with one another.

I plan on doing a proper facial animation test in the coming weeks.  I have an old animation I can use for the body animation, so that saves me some time there.  The facial animation aspect of the project won't come into play in earnest until Part III, so once I do the test and determine nothing is broken I'll set aside this aspect until a later date.  I imagine I'll continually add to and tweak the face shapes as I dive more deeply into the film.