Making Progress

Did some animation tests on the face this week.  So far I'm happy with the results.  There are a few minor updates I need to make to some of her skin materials in unreal, but that's the biggest thing I saw at the time.  I won't really know for sure how it's working until I get into the thick of it, and maybe coming back to it in a few months I'll see more problems, but it's in a place right now where I can set it aside and work on the layout for Part I.

I still anticipate Part I to be an easier task than the current released episode or any of the following.  The set is built and ready to go, all I need to do aside from animation is build a couple of simple props and rig a couple of set pieces.  I'm hoping it's just a simple and straight forward process.


I made some aggressively terrible boards just to block in the major ideas and to make sure all of the angles and shots I had in my head would flow together well.  I made these boards during a lunch break a few months back when I decided Forlorn was to be more than just a one off thing for my reel.  As you can see, they are rather simple, but I don't really have to convey the ideas to anyone other than myself, so I can afford to be incredibly loose.  I also boarded Part III this past weekend, in a similar style.  What surprised me was that seeing the story play out the episode ending for Part III would actually be better if I cut out earlier, which also leaves Part IV with a more interesting arc.  Just some minor thoughts I had.  Hopefully it all makes sense when it's out there.