PART II

It's finally here!  After... what day is it... one year and three months of fairly steady production I have finally finished the first segment of Forlorn!  It's been a long and arduous road, but I'm happy I came out the other side with something, at the very least.  It may not be much, but it's something I've wanted to do for a very long time and I'm going to continue with this project until I feel it's truly complete.  So I present to you, Forlorn - Part II:



I truly hope you enjoy it!



You may be asking me, "Why are you calling it Part II?  I don't see a Part I."  Well, originally I was going to make a whole short film, but it eventually dawned on me that the scope of the project was well outside of my means without being my full time job.  But I didn't want all of the assets I had made to go to waste, so I stripped down the story significantly and decided to make a section in the middle with more action so I could use it for my reel or something.  But I left enough open space to be able to add onto it, should I have felt that I could ramp it back up into a full short.  And about halfway through making this segment I decided I indeed wanted to ramp back up.

So following this release I will begin working on Part I, after a bit of rest.  Part I is thankfully more simple, and shouldn't take me as long as this current piece.  There is however the intro to the entire short, a Part 0, if you will, that while only like ten to fifteen seconds requires a lot of new assets to be made, as it's the establishing shot of the whole environment.  So, that'll be a whole thing.  I also need to create a facial rig for Kaelis and animate Part III, Part IV, and Part V.  So, there is much more to be done, but for the most past it's just animation from here on out, which I am quite thankful for.

I will try and post to this blog semi-regularly, and I do hope you will join me on this journey!